GreenDreamCompany is the facilitating management company of the young leisure and hospitality brand “Solomon’s Hidden Treasures” on the African continent. With a humanitarian and sustainable character in its DNA, and in order to further power its “upstream” business, GreenDreamCompany has established the investment company Ubuntu Impact Investments in 2015. Ubuntu Impact Investments exclusively invests in ventures under the Solomon’s Hidden Treasures’ brand, and pursues both financial and impact values in a total portfolio approach using an IRISmetrics framework. We strive to shake up the tourism sector by setting the standard for impact investing in the carefully selected areas in upcoming markets.
Expansion strategy Rwanda
Rwanda’s proposed tourism infrastructure will be realized in 2 phases;
• Phase 1 will consist of 3 locations; Kigali, Akagera, Mbabara island
• Phase 2 of 2 additional locations; Gisenyi, Gihaya
We will develop cultural-, natural- , and marine experience parks that offer overnight accommodation in the form of Family Villages.
The average investment size of each location is EUR 50 million. The strength of the infrastructure approach is that it allows to create lasting impact, and it gives tourists more than one reason to visit the country. For example, visiting the Cultural Experience Park in Kigali that showcases the Great Lake Region encourages visitors to explore this other region.
Your job as our Fundraiser & Account Manager
Based within GreenDreamCompany, and leveraging the GreenDreamFoundation and the GreenDreamAcademy, you will be expected to organize at least 30% of a total of EUR 3 million in SEED capital within the next 3-6 months for the phase 1 projects in Rwanda. This budget will be used to progress negotiations, formalize partnerships, mobilize the teams, and to secure land rights and building permits. You will be focusing on securing a mix of donations, grants, and subsidies.
Activities include, amongst others:
- Pro-actively reach out to family offices, corporate foundations, NGO’s, and other international organizations to raise funds
- Create an investment community by networking with East African diaspora networks, Rwanda based expats networks, cultural/historical sensitive people, international businesses community in Rwanda (eg NABC), etc.
- Create awareness of the potential of impact investing in East Africa (opportunity versus risk); create blogs, write articles, actively use social media, etc.
- Manage all communication around the SHT crowdfunding platform
- UII account management; tracking of expressions of interest (through our websites) and initiate follow-ups through phone calls.
- Preparing and submitting requests for funds (quickscans / deepscans, etc.)
What we expect of our ideal candidate
- You have professional experience with fundraising for the private sector (minimum 5 years).
- You have practical experience with preparing and submitting formal requests for funds (e.g. to the PostcodeLoterij, Stichting Doen, Bill&Melinda Gates Foundation etc.)
- You have a track record within impact investments and an active investors network consisting of family offices, corporate foundations, NGO’s, and other international organizations. If you do not have these kind of connections, please do not apply.
- You have got international working experience, ideally within upcoming African markets
- Preferably, you have professional experience within the leisure and tourism industry, hotel management industry, or real estate industry (not a requirement)
- You can commit to at least 3 full days a week
As a person:
- You have a strong motivation to raise the funds and perform diligent account management.
- You have a creative and analytical mind.
- You are broadly oriented, and results driven.
- You have a hands on, pragmatic, and agile ‘just do it’ mindset.
- You are able to influence and convince potential investors over the phone and in person.
- You do not mind traveling (majority will be in The Netherlands)
- When equally qualified, we do have a preference for a female candidate with African roots. We are aware that we are in search for the perfect candidate, 90% will do.
What do we offer
Do you want to help us shake up the tourism sector and be part of our multidimensional team? Are you looking to apply your knowledge and experience to support a startup in the hospitality sector? Do you want to create your own future where social, environmental and inspirational values are put at par with financial returns? Then please connect with us!
The remuneration will be a pledged fee and will be provided after the funds are raised. If there is mutual interest, then the cooperation can be continued, and a yearly working agreement will be offered.
We are situated right in the middle of the fortress town Zaltbommel, 10-15 minutes walking from the railway station. Our staff also works partly from home, on location and international.
You can call Mr. Leon van Rijckevorsel: 06-51.56.9622.
Please sent your motivational letter including your CV to: email@example.com